HVAC Service Tech
Job Description Summary:
Performs, maintenance, modification, overhaul, service, and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Performs service and repairs on all HVAC, refrigeration, and control systems
- Responsible for a company work vehicle, parts inventory and equipment assigned to the company work vehicle. *Technician has complete responsibility for vehicle
- Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors, motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related
- Occasionally, changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps, sheet metal installation and transitions, refrigeration, condensate, and PVC venting
- Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for scheduled completion date.
- Promotes and sells new HVAC product by observing customer’s equipment and through inquiries of customer
- Learns the company service price book to efficiently provide quotes to customer while minimizing lost sales opportunities
- Prepares customer invoicing and maintains customer information in database
- Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and housed on company vehicle
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Understands the company policy is to provide 100% customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations
- Performs all work to industry standards and always maintains a professional manner and appearance.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits
- Performs any other job duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Work Experience: Two (2) years HVAC Service Technician work experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Computer Skills: Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Organization Skills: Strong organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Cross-functional skills: Team player (works well with others)
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with team members and customers
- Physical, Mental, and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, sit, squat, bend, twist and talk or hear. The employee is also required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds. The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, in attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Physical Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience: Associates degree
- Certificate/licenses: climate control certificate in HVAC
- Computer Skills: Service Titan experience
EEOC statement: Heartland Home Services and its affiliated companies are dedicated equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against based on such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.