Plumbing Service Manager
Job Description Summary:
The Service Manager oversees all service department activities of the company and manages and leads the service team. Responsibilities of the position include recommending and implementing strategies to reach company financial goals. These strategies will involve creating efficiencies through scheduling and clear communication with the call center. In addition, management, and leadership of all department personnel. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of service policies and procedures
- Update processes and procedures as required for enhanced efficiencies and performance
- Oversee the daily operations of the service technician team
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies for the department
- Coordinate and manage service projects and initiatives
- Analyze data, reporting, statistics and all necessary KPIs as applicable to the service department
- Handle disciplinary action and fulfill training deficiencies for technicians in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in hiring, training, and performance management of technicians. Coach and develop technicians on customer service issues, technical skills, and sales upselling techniques
- Develop, utilize, and manage standards and/or checklists for service technicians
- Facilitate service meetings, training, and team huddles
- Oversee communications with technicians regarding all invoicing and techniques to ensure accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Work Experience: 5 years of previous experience as an Plumbing service and maintenance technician
- Certifications: Plumbing license
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Organization Skills: Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Cross-functional skills: Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, basic math skills
- Communication Skills: Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, sit, squat, bend, twist, reach with arms, talk, or hear, and use hands. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Physical Environment: The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures. The associate may climb/descend steps and ladders. The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, in attics, basements and crawl spaces. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Certifications: Plumbing License
- Education: Associates degree
- Computer Skills: Service Titan
EEOC statement: Heartland Home Services and its affiliated companies are dedicated equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against based on such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.