Job Description Summary:
Assists with the installation of ductwork, grills, HVAC equipment, and accessories in residential and light commercial HVAC systems. The duties and responsibilities of the position will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Loads company truck with equipment and supplies to be installed at customer’s location.
- Assists Senior Technician with equipment installation and daily activities.
- Assists with regular maintenance and safety checks on hand tools and power tools.
- Learns and demonstrates working knowledge of electrical components and mechanical components related to HVAC installations.
- Performs final job site analysis and ensures the system is in proper working condition prior to leaving the customer’s residence.
- Assists with “red carpet” treatment of customers, including cleaning of residence upon daily departure.
- Learn to work to industry standards and always maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Learns to comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives.
- Practice safe work habits
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Work Experience: 2 Years of HVAC experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with team members, and customers
- Cross-functional skills: Basic math skills; Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Physical, Mental, and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb ladders, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Physical Environment: Indoor and outdoor environments including roofs, tight confines, in attics, basements and crawl spaces. Outdoor exposure to the elements.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Education: Associates Degree
- Computer Skills: Service Titan
- Certification: EPA Certification, Climate Control certificate in HVAC, NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification
EEOC statement: Heartland Home Services and its affiliated companies are dedicated equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against based on such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.