Job Description Summary:
The Apprentice Electrician works under the observation of a journey-level electrician, building basic skills and gaining additional tasks and responsibilities as they improve. Electricians work with blueprints when they install electrical components of HVAC systems in homes:
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Cut metal components for installation
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure the proper functioning
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems.
- Repair electrical equipment
- Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects
- Thread wire or cable through ducts or conduits
- Fabricate parts or components
- Clean work sites
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Work Experience: 1-year work experience in a trade
- Education: High school diploma/GED/HVAC degree, or equivalent field experience with certification from a technical/trade school
- Computer Skills: Basic Windows applications
- Organization Skills: Strong organizational skills
- Cross-functional skills: Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record, Basic math skills.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, Effective communicator with strong customer relation skills
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb ladders, sit, squat, bend, twist, reach with arms, talk, or hear, and use hands. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally 100 lbs.
- Physical Environment: The associate may work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures. The associate may climb/descend steps and ladders. The associate may work on roofs, tight confines, attics, basements, and crawl spaces. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associates may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
EEOC Statement: Heartland Home Services and its affiliated companies are dedicated to equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against based on such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.
Why Choose Action?
Fast, Affordable Service from a Team You Can Trust
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Clear and upfront pricing
- Licensed and insured technicians
- Same-day water heater installation
- 24/7 emergency services