Garbage Disposal Repair
Help Keep Your Kitchen Clean
Very few kitchens this day and time are without a garbage disposal. Besides keeping your kitchen clean, a garbage disposal is a very sanitary and “green” way to reduce foul odors in your home and cuts down on the amount of trash that ends up in your local landfill.
As with all household appliances, a garbage disposal does require proper maintenance and care to work properly. Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. provides garbage disposal repair, garbage disposal maintenance, and garbage disposal installation to the Madison Dane County region.
With a garbage disposer in your home, commercial kitchen, or institution isn’t working, it’s time to call your favorite Madison Plumber, Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc.. Action has been providing garbage disposal repair services to the residents of the Madison area for over 20 years.
Additional Plumbing Services Action Offers:
- Backflow RPZ Testing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Bathtub Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Emergency Plumber
- Faucet Repair
- Gas Leak Detection & Repair
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Leak Detection Services
- Pipe Leak Detection & Repair
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Plumbing Products
- Plumbing Repair
- Plumbing Service
- Sewer Cleaning
- Sewer Line Replacement
- Sink Repair
- Slab Leak Detection & Repair
- Sump Pump Installation
- Toilet Repair
Garbage Disposal Repair
Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. knows there are subtle signs your garbage disposal may not be performing well. Just because it turns on and works may not mean all is well. Most manufacturers design garbage disposals to keep your sink free and clean from things like food and waste items removed before cooking. After grinding, water in the sink will flow free and drain normally. If water drains slow, or continues to back up even after using the disposal, than that could mean that the teeth on the disposal have dulled and are not chopping properly. Larger pieces may clog pipes.
If you hear a loud grinding or rattling noise when the disposal is running parts may need to be checked for damage. These could be loose, broken or have fallen off and are trapped under the blades. In any event, if you are wondering if something is wrong, now is the time to call The Action Team. A delay would only mean possible replacement if indeed something is not working right.
Garbage Disposal Installation Services
Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. can also replace or upgrade your garbage disposal. Larger families, more meals prepared in the summer, increased entertaining and the like all mean your garbage disposal is getting increased use. Could be it needs more horsepower, or a better or larger model is the best way to go. Then the question of proper installation of a food waste disposer done in the kitchen of your home or office, is the top consideration. Here are several more items to think about before you call us:
- Power: A ½ horsepower disposal works well grinding down smaller pieces of food, but if food is jamming up during use, or taking too much time to drain, consider a ¾-1 horsepower unit. Denser foods need more power to work and getting a higher horsepower appliance can make quick work every time.
- Longevity: Stainless steel parts are best. They resist corrosion and last much longer without rust that galvanized steel or plastic.
- Size: Size does matter. Each sink has a recommended garbage disposal size to avoid additional problems during operation. Vibrating countertops and improper draining to fit existing plumbing are not long term decisions. Just makesure the disposal is the appropriate size for your sink.
- Accessories: Actions recommends disposal units that are complete for purchase. There are models out there which require additional purchases like power cords, covers and gaskets or cranking wrenchs. Saving you a trip back and making the correct purchase for the model purchased doesn’t need to be a hassle.
- Check out all the latest technology out there is disposers and find one that truly meets the need you have in each location
Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. will install your new disposal in 1-2 hours, and can come back any time for service issues that may arise. Our qualified licensed and insured professionals are only a phone call away.
Maintenance Tips For A Garbage Disposal
- Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. wants to make sure your garbage disposal runs right all the time. Reliable running life means you must focus on upkeep to avoid repair or replacement.
- A garbage disposal is not a trash can
- Do not grind down rice, noodles, or any other foods that can expand before cooking
- Never ever throw metals, plastics, or bones into the disposal
- Feed pieces into the disposal slowly and do not overload
- Keep the disposal teeth well lubricated by running cold water before, during, and after its use
- If the disposal motor isn’t turning on, it may simply be jammed
- Use the crancking or alan wrench to crank the disposal manually to clear the jam and then hit the reset button on the motor
- Clean the disposal by running water though the unit with soapy water or grinding small peels of citru fruits. Citric acid cleans and smells great
Contact Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. To Solve Your Garbage Disposal Problems. With more than 20 years experience, our licensed insured professionals are standing by to help with your garbage disposal repair or installation today.
For additional information about garbage disposals, maintenance and prevention tips and questions, call Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. in Sun Prairie, WI: (608) 837-3638. Action is available, equipped and can offer the most affordable repair options in the Madison city region.
If you need some Action now, you can click here to schedule service online now!
What To Expect
Discover the Difference
100% Customer Satisfaction
100% Customer Satisfaction
We're in the business of keeping our customers satisfied with every repair, installation, and maintenance appointment we fulfill.
Our friendly and experienced technicians work their hardest to minimize all stress and disruption associated with service.
Same-Day Water Heater Installs
Same-Day Water Heater Installs
We know how stressful it is to be left without hot water, so we offer same-day water heater installation for your ultimate convenience.
You'll never go through unnecessary upsells with Action because we believe in providing maximum value for every customer.
As a family-owned business, we prioritize providing our neighbors with the best customer service in the industry.
Home services can sometimes be a challenge to finance, so we offer various online specials to put repairs and installation within reach.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Mike has lots of experience under his belt! He got down to the problem quick and get us our heat back within 2 hours including getting us the part needed for repair. Thank you Mike…-F. Arifin
I've had Action work on electrical and plumbing at my previous jobs as well as electrical, plumbing and heating and air conditioning in my home. Not once have I had a bad experience through the…-B. Richman
Our main sewer connection from the house to the septic system became clogged. Action was able to respond within 24 hours. Matt came and helped troubleshoot the issue with his helper. They determined there were…-R. Wolff
I have an old house that has been slowly trying to drive me insane. Thanks to everyone at Action! I consider myself pretty handy until it involves plumbing or electrical and that’s where Action steps…-K. Kay
Action has performed multiple repairs for us over 10 years, at two different homes. They've always been on time, professional, and efficient. We feel we're being charged a fair price for the work they do,…-J. Justice