Madison Gas & Electric Named Green Master
Fourth Consecutive Year
As a member of the Madison Community, we are proud to announce that for the fourth consecutive year, Madison Gas & Electric has attained the highest level of the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council’s Green Masters Program. This statewide sustainability program evaluates participating companies on their sustainable actions in nine areas. Based on this evaluation, companies are placed in one of three categories. The top 20% of the companies achieve the highest-ranking category—the Green Master distinction. Nearly 200 Wisconsin businesses currently participate in the program. Clearly this will mean a great deal to our community at large. If you combine that with our goals to provide the best plumbing services to you here in the Madison Sun Prairie regions, are off to a great start in 2018.
MGE was the first utility in Wisconsin to be recognized as a Green Master.
Achieving Green Masters status
The Green Masters Program is an objective, points-based recognition program that enables Wisconsin companies to join like-minded businesses that are committed to sustainability. The voluntary program recognizes sustainability leaders and encourages continuous improvement.
Companies submit information on the steps they have taken to use less energy, cut waste and become generally more sustainable in their operations and supply chain. Based on their performance in these areas, companies are then placed in one of three program categories with Green Master being the highest level.
Benefits Of Participating in the Green Masters Program is important to MGE.
- Identifies how MGE compares to other high-performing companies in the state.
- Suggests areas for improvement. This provides direction for sustainability goal-setting.
- Encourages continuous improvement. Continuing to participate in Green Masters requires an ongoing commitment to improving our environmental performance.
Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) generates and distributes electricity to 149,000 customers in Dane County and purchases and distributes natural gas to 154,000 customers in seven south-central and western Wisconsin counties. MGE’s roots in the Madison area date back more than 150 years.
We take responsibility to:
- Plan and provide a reliable energy supply that balances the needs and values of those we serve.
- Provide information and education to serve our customers and stakeholders and help inform their energy decisions.
- Preserve and protect our environment while providing affordable, reliable energy.
- Encourage and support economic and business development to keep our economy strong and vibrant.
- Engage in open and honest dialogue, partnership and collaboration to best serve our customers and the broader community.
MGE is a subsidiary of MGE Energy, an investor-owned public utility holding company based in Madison, Wis. If you wish to invest or to learn more, visit MGE Energy.
Since 1991 years Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. has protected the health and well-being of our friends and neighbors in the Dane County Madison service area. Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. would like an opportunity to serve you.
Please Call Us Today Sun Prairie, WI: 608-837-3638. For your convenience we proudly serve these nearby communities Madison, Middleton, Sun Prairie, Verona, Monona, Cottage Grove, De Forest, Fitchburg, Waunakee, Oregon, Mt. Horeb, Marshall, Windsor. Call the ActionMan and his team today!
If you need some Action now, you can click here to schedule service online now!
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.