Heat Your Garage Safely and Save Money
Tips About Garage Heating
Winter Is Here!
As winter brings the snow and cold, many families decide to use their garages more, with creative solutions like workout or craft rooms, or even keeping your vehicles warmer in subzero temperatures; Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical Inc. is here to make that happen. This is a great article that will give you some advice on keeping your garage warm whilst observing important safety rules.
First, did you know that Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning & Electrical Inc. installs garage heaters? We do! Along with complete furnace repair and installation with top-notch state-of-the-art equipment and professional technicians. Let’s get started with more information…
Consider a fixed heater for your garage. Portable heaters can be very dangerous as they are easy to tip over and often use flammable fuels. Risk of fire is a big issue as well, as some materials that you use in your garage including gasoline, spray paints, and flammable chemicals can be dangerous if portable heaters become over heated.
Many of the best kinds of garage heaters include vent-free, sealed combustion and electric radiant ceiling panels just to name a few. You should try to avoid using fan style heaters. They have a tendency to be a little less capable of heating larger spaces like a garage.
The best position of a new garage heater will vary according to what you use your garage for. Usually, they will not be close to the floor or any work surfaces that you are going to be using. A freestanding heater is probably not the best idea as this is likely to get in the way of your exit route or it could be knocked over. This is especially likely if it is on a tabletop. Instead, you should mount your heater on the wall or the ceiling. Many garage heaters allow you to direct heat as you need to. A good idea is to ensure that their heat flow is pointing towards the center of the garage, or towards any workbench area where you may be working. This will mean that you will get the maximum benefit from the heater. A radiant panel could be considered, as these can warm up your garage and help it to stay warmer for longer. They do take a little while to heat up so you will need to be patient.
Keeping The Heat Inside
In order to keep your garage toasty and warm throughout the winter months, make sure that it is adequately heated. Sometimes the first thing that most people may think of when they consider heating their garage is simply purchasing a garage heater. Whilst this will provide some heat, there are a few other things that you can do to help your garage to stay warm.
- Insulate – the first thing that you’ll need to do is prevent any heat from escaping from the garage. Garages typically were not built to be warm, so adding insulation will ensure that there is no draft. Simply stopping the heat from escaping from in the garage is enough to keep that space warm enough to forego having a heater. Using a high-quality type of insulation on the walls and the ceiling may be preferred.
- Choose the right heater – Select an effective in heater for your garage space. By measuring the size of your garage and deciding on how quickly you’ll want the garage to heat up, means a lot. You should also bear in mind that some garage heaters require ventilation. Our qualified Action staff can help you with these types of questions and a simple call for help is always welcome.
- Installation – Be sure to make all the necessary installation plans for your heater ahead of time, especially if you want a hardwired electric heater installed for example.
- Check the windows and doors – Always remember to ensure that the windows and the doors in your garage are also well insulated. Seal the gaps around the door and window frames as they are likely to cause drafts and will enable the heat to escape outside. If there are any gaps, you can use sealant or caulk to fill the gaps. This will keep more of the heat in and will help to lower the heating bills.
Garage heaters are a really good idea for your workspace no matter what you use it for. A garage heater will provide heat in the colder winter months when you need it the most to keep you warm, but they can also act as a way of keeping your garage and the things inside it from becoming damaged by frosty weather. Remember there are other heaters besides electric ones for you to choose from, but in general, electric garage heaters are the safest type. If you already have an electric supply in your garage, you will be able to choose from a wide variety of heaters.
A qualified staff member is standing by to send an experienced professional in Heating Services to your location. Call Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. in Sun Prairie, WI: (608) 837-3638.
Remember that we also serve these nearby communities: Middleton, Verona, Monona, Cottage Grove, De Forest, Fitchburg, Waunakee, Oregon, Mt. Horeb, Marshall and Windsor.
Get action now by clicking here to schedule service online now!
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.
Why Choose Action?
Fast, Affordable Service from a Team You Can Trust
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Clear and upfront pricing
- Licensed and insured technicians
- Same-day water heater installation
- 24/7 emergency services