Keep Your Cool This Summer
Summer Tips That Really Work
There’s no reason to sweat the heat of summer. Keep the following tips in mind and they will help you get the most out of your cooling system, without it taking a bite out of your wallet.
- Clean or replace air filers every 30 to 90 days. Check the filters in both the return air grill(s) and the air handler (fan). If you have pets that shed a lot, you may need to clean or replace our filters more frequently.
- Keep grass, weeds, shrubs and other plants away from the outside unit. They can easily block the airflow that allows your unit to work properly. Dirt and debris can collect on the coils, making your unit work harder.
- Never turn the air conditioner off and back on within a 5-minute time span. This short-cycle can cause the compressor to blow fuses, trip breakers or cause permanent damage to your compressor, leading to potential very costly repairs.
- Keep your blinds closed, curtains and window shades drawn and storm windows closed. This helps reduce solar heat buildup and keeps cool air from escaping.
- Set the air conditioning thermostat at 78 degrees or higher. Raise it a few degrees higher when you are away from home. A lower air conditioning temperature increases your cooling costs significantly. Setting your air conditioner at 70 degrees instead of 78 can nearly double your operating cost!
If you follow the advice above and your air conditioner is still not keeping you cool and comfortable, it may be time to call the professionals. Nothing is worse than sweating through the uncomfortable summer heat. Keep your cool and call Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. at (608) 837-3638. The Action Team will have your AC fixed in no time!
Get action now by clicking here to schedule service online now!
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.