Save Water In The Kitchen & The Bath
How to Save Water
In the Kitchen & Bathroom
Even though 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water, less than 1% is suitable for consumption. With the earth’s population continuing to rise, here at Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. we understand that it is critical that we get smarter about how we use our supply of potable water. The good news is that we all can make a difference just by making a few small changes to our daily habits. We are committed to making sure you are making educated and informed decisions about water conservation in your home in every room of the house. So let’s get started and get you on the road to helping the cause, and save you some money at the same time.
The WaterSense™ label is great place to start when you’re looking for water-saving products that perform. The Environmental Protection Agency’s partnership program, WaterSense promotes water-efficient products, programs and practices throughout the US. So you can be sure that products bearing the WaterSense label offer significant water savings and meet strict performance standards.Let Action help you in making the appropriate products that will enhance the value of your home and meet all current guidelines too.
When it comes to saving water in the bathroom, a few small steps can make a big difference. Consider these tips for reducing your water consumption every day.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth, and rinse out the sink when you’re finished.
- Capture shower/bath water while waiting for water to change temperatures: This excess water can be used for watering plants.
- Don’t wait for the water to get hot before filling the tub for a bath. Put in the plug and adjust the water temperature as the tub fills.
- Do not use the toilet as a garbage can: Only flush the toilet when disposing of sanitary waste.
- Turn off the water while shaving: Fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of water to rinse your razor.
Action is here to help you make the best decision for your home bathroom. There are several ways to make a sure contribution to saving water in your bathroom:
- Install High-Efficiency Toilets – KOHLER Toilets that flush 1.28 gallons or less, when compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, can save homeowners up to 16,500 gallons of water per fixture per year.*(Based on a Family of 4)
- Showerheads and Handshowers – Use Water-Conserving Showerheads or Handshowers KOHLER 1.75 gpm water-conserving showerheads and handshowers deliver an impressive 35% water savings over traditional 2.75 gpm showerheads and handshowers.
- Faucets with Low-Flow Aerators – Choose Faucets with Water-Saving Aerators that are Small in size, big on impact, KOHLER faucets with low-flow aerators deliver up to 45% water savings over traditional 2.75 gpm faucets.
Everyday Environmentalism In the Kitchen Too – This is also a great place to start. When it comes to saving water in the kitchen, a few small steps can make a big difference. Consider these tips for reducing your water consumption every day.
- Capture running water while waiting for the temperature to change: this excess water can be used to water plants
- When washing dishes by hand, use as little water as possible. Use only the required amount of dish soap and put the dishes in a rack to rinse them all together and reduce rinse water. Be sure to use short bursts instead of letting the water run when rinsing. When you do use the dishwasher, use appropriate water and energy efficient settings
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator. With cold drinking water on hand, you’ll waste less than you would while waiting for the faucet to change temperature for each glass of water
- Do not defrost frozen food with running water. Use the microwave or defrost in the refrigerator
- When cooking, use only the amount of water required; this reduces the amount of water wasted when straining
- In the laundry room, be sure to match the water level with your load size
- If your washing machine doesn’t allow manual water level adjustment, wait until you have a full load before you run your machine
Water conservation is becoming the standard for many cities here in the United States. Why not consider all the new options for faucet and hot water replacement when it’s time to consider it for your home or commercial application. Faucets like KOHLER Touchless faucets with Tripoint technology have an automatic shut-off, so water runs only when the faucet is in use. They also have highly accurate activation sensors, which conserve water by keeping false activations to a minimum.
Filtered Water and Filtered Water Solutions will also be a new option for many residential home settings. Aquifer water filtration systems with Kohler’s Wellspring and Carafe beverage faucets are your source for refreshing, purified water.
Many other leading manufacturers offer quality Water Sense, and green solutions for maximizing water efficiency in your home. We invite you to call us today and ask about more ways you can save water and money. We are convenient to your location in Sun Prairie, WI: 608-837-3638 when you need an expert for all your plumbing needs…
If you need some Action now, you can click here to schedule service online now!
to the rescue 24/7
Fill out the form below and one of our team members will reach out promptly to schedule your service.