It's Preventative Maintenance Time!
Fall is approaching, and winter is not far behind. The need for heat is critical in this part of the country and Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. can schedule an appointment, come out and perform a quality maintenance checkup on your equipment making sure you are ready before it gets cold. It is imperative that you maintain your equipment on a regular basis to prevent future problems and unwanted costs. By keeping your cooling and heating system at peak performance, you will have peace of mind if winter comes early. Action Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electric, Inc. can provide you annual pre-season check-ups early this year, and we love to recommend this procedure for your heating system in the fall. Deciding to make your home more energy efficient with ENERGY STAR checkups can help to reduce high energy bills, improve comfort and help to protect the environment. Improving energy efficiency is also an important first step for homeowners interested in green remodeling. Action Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning can discuss an ENERGY STAR inspection, which can guide you in making your home more efficient.
In general, a typical maintenance check-up should include the following:
- Check all thermostat settings to make sure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Be sure to tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and electrical current on motors. Faulty electrical connections may cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life span of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that ldo not have lubrication cause friction in motors and increase the amount of electricity you use which could mean higher electric or gas bills.
- A proper check and inspection of the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain may cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
Cooling Specific Check-ups should include the following:
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system's ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner's refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15 percent.
Heating Specific Check-ups should include the following:
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. Improperly operating gas (or oil) connections are a fire hazard and can contribute to health problems. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger causes improper burner operation. Either can cause the equipment to operate less safely and efficiently.
- Inspect, clean, or change air filters once a month in your central air conditioner, furnace, and/or heat pump. A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.
Get started now and begin the process of assessing your home. Home Energy Yardstick. After you complete this part, Call us and schedule one of our qualified staff professionals to meet with you to discuss your current heating and air conditioning annual check up needs. Here is our convenient location to serve you: Sun Prairie, WI: (608) 837-3638 when you need an expert for all your heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical needs...Call us today and get started on making changes in your home that will save you money!
If you need some Action now, you can click here to schedule service online now!