Pre-Winter Maintenance Tips
Stay Warm & Dry This Winter
The days are getting shorter, temperatures are getting cooler and the trees have are shedding their leaves. These are the signs that winter is fast approaching, and it is time to take care of a few home maintenance chores. Action Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical wants you to be prepared for the colder weather to come, and help to prevent a major plumbing problem during colder weather to come.
- Check you lawn sprinkler system, making sure that the lines and the sprinkler heads are intact. You don’t to suddenly spring a leak during winter weather. If you system is automated, turn the system off for the season.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts to ensure easy drainage when water freezes and thaws throughout the winter season. Clogged gutters can cause water to overflow. When that water freezes, it expands and can tear apart your eaves, roof, and take sections of gutters right off of your house.
- Remove your garden hoses from outside faucets and drain them of water to prevent the hoses from splitting due to frozen water within them. Check your outside faucets for any drips or leaks that need repair. Cover your outside faucets with insulting cover to help prevent freezing.
- Flush out your hot water heater. Your Water heater work harder during the winter months. Removing sediment help extend the life of the water heater. Check the manufacturer's web site for specific instructions.
- Get your furnace professionally cleaned and serviced, change the filter. Tuning up your furnace helps it run more efficiently, prolonging the life of the unit and saving on energy costs. New filters help keep the air in your home clean and free of allergens.
If you need help with any of these tips, or with any other plumbing, heating or electrical challenges, call Action Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical at 608-249-3747. The ActionMan and his Action Team are standing by to get you fixed up in no time!
Simply, the Best Service in Madison, Wisconsin
Action Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical has been providing the best plumbing, HVAC and electrical service to Madison and the surrounding areas for many years. Since 1989, we have been providing prompt, courteous and personal service to our customers. Our staff is courteous, uniformed and highly trained.
We specialize in plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical repairs and maintenance for both residential and commercial properties. Thinking of remodeling the kitchen or bathroom or even building a brand new home? We’re here to help.
When you need some Action now, give us a call!